[Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:16:38 -0500

A few years ago, NASCAR floated the idea of a spec engine (which I believed
died). I agree with a spec body, and let them use their own engines. It
would be better to see a Dodge hemi, Ford DOHC, and a Chevy pushrod engine
in competition.

Using a spec body, they could just put on their own headlight/taillight
stickers to faintly resemble a current model (much like they do today).

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of G Kerby Haltom
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:23 PM
To: Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW); Shotimes@autox. team. net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

The NASCRAP Charger is so bad that most teams are running the Intrepid body.
A car that not manufactured anymore...

  Can they just get on with making it a spec car series, so I don't even try
to care anymore?

  Kerby

"Hartberger, Jason M.  AT2 (AW)" <hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil> wrote:  The
NASCAR fusion looks butt-ugly, though. The Taurus looked better.
There's just no passion! I want an American car that reflects passion...
in design or manufacturing or whatever... right now the only car that
does that is the Pontiac Solstice.

V/R
AT2(AW) Jason "Hoser" Hartberger
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71