[Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

av8r567@optonline.net av8r567@optonline.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:24:09 -0500

> It is a good addition to Ford and probably
> the
> best sedan they offer right now.

The salespeople at my company can select the Ford Five Hunderd and Freestyle (among many other makes/models) as their company car.  The other day one of the salesmen needed to me attend a meeting with him.  We took his new Freestyle AWD and I asked if I could drive.  The CVT transmission was very slick, especially when you let off the throttle to coast.  It was a very nice car/SUV/crossover/whatever.  I know it's the station wagon version of the Five Hundred, and it needs a bigger engine but it was a very nice vehicle.

BTW, ever notice that all of the Ford SUVs being with letter "E" (Escape, Explorer, Excursion, etc), and all of the non-SUVs begin with "F" (Freestyle, Five Hundered, Fusion, etc) and all of the Mercury vehicles begine with the letter "M"?  Someone at FoMoCo is anal or 'touched' or both.