[Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

G Kerby Haltom g.kerby@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:35:09 -0800 (PST)

We've all driven cars faster than the SHO, but didn't have any soul.  Faster doesn't hurt, however...

  Kerby

Ron Porter <ronporter@prodigy.net> wrote:  Yes, but making a car quicker/faster has a way of infusing soul!!

I present the SHO as a prime example. Apart from TCCA, I don't think that
you would find anyone claiming that any SLO ever had soul.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of G Kerby Haltom
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:16 PM
To: Rich Bruso; Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: [Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

Yes, that would be fun.  I'd still be  embarrassed if a Camry whipped me.
Even if it were  supercharged.  A machine that lacks soul, even if fast, is
still  no fun.

  Kerby

Rich Bruso  wrote:  > Life is bad when a Camry will out
run you...

  I know it's not a popular item, but Toyota has had a TRD supercharger
available for the Camry V6 (dealer installed, not factory option) for
several years now. In fact, they have a supercharger available for most  of
their cars. A tad expensive, but if you really want a fast Camry AND  your
factory warranty it's a possibility.
 That said, I'm still not  liking the Camry. A TRD supercharger sitting
behind me atop the engine  of an MR2 might be something I could live with,
though...

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)