[Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:27:18 -0600

Bastards! (Speed, not you Ron)

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:10 PM
To: clubairth@bellsouth.net; 'Shotimes@autox. team. net'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Drove the new Fusion

Well, I wouldn't go "quite" that far!!

NASCAR is no more or less a "spec" series than any other form of car
racing....F1 included (and F1 is even getting more homogenized with the new
rules).

As in other series, it comes down to the driver. It still takes a lot of
skill to pilot a big, heavy car at 200 mph in traffic around a track.

I am not a NASCAR fan, but I feel that it is still a good race series.
Personally, I'm not into oval track racing, but I can appreciate the skill
involved. Plus, it still impresses me that that can get these "flying
barndoors" up to 200+ mph with the design limitations they have!!

NASCAR has found the secret to making motorsports a popular venue, and I
can't knock them for that. Racing is expensive at ANY level, and IMHO the
commercialization is needed to keep the show going.

IMNSHO, NASCAR , being successful, has incurred the wrath of folks just like
Wal-Mart attracts all of the anti-capitalists crowd. If we want motorsports
to continue to be shown on TV and reported in the press, we need a
successful racing series.

I have seen the lack of coverage in my favorite racing series, the WRC.
Speed has dropped coverage. I don't like it, but I understand, as none of
the events take place in the USA. It's all a business.

Ron Porter