[Shotimes] OT - 94 Taurus LX Wagon

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:23:12 -0800

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:27:21 -0500, Jon Heese wrote:

>Head gaskets!  The folklore says that if they haven't blown yet, it's
>living on borrowed time.  I'm sure some of the other SLOwners here will
>chime in with specifics.

Yeah....the mid '90s were bad for 3.8 problems.  Many Windstars were recalled, and
if not recalled, rebates (BIG ONES) were given owners who traded for newer vans.  I
know two folks who had '95 Windstars, and they had nothing but trouble.

My '91 Slorider wagon had a HG fail, but only after it was severely overheated by an
idiot (not me, for once) who tried to drive it up a long hill with a split radiator
tank, in 100 degree weather, back in '96 or so.  The dealer fixed it for me, and
since then it has been faultless.

George