[Shotimes] Brand new fuel pump

Zach Leahy leahyz@gmail.com
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:40:46 -0500

OK, first off, if the tank is still out, use a volt meter and see if there
is powr going to the pump when the key is turned on.  If there is no pwer,
then obviously it's not the fault of the pumo.

Next trace back to the IRCM.  Is the connector tight?  I have at one time
blown all the traces out of the one on the 93 becasue the fan was frozen in
a block of ice.  Giess what, ford put too big of a fuse in, and the first
thing to go was the IRCM.  I repaired mine by opening up the box, and
jumping all the open traces with some wire soldered from point to point.
It's been great for several years.  TRhe wiring information is best found on
a wiring diagram.  The ford cds that are available for download should get
you what you need there.  I can't tell you off the top of my head which pins
they were.

Lastly, )or maybe firstly) check the fuses under the hood, or more correctly
since it is a 91 it likely has fusible links instead.