[Shotimes] Car is fixed! Was: Intermittent stalling after battery replacement?

Peter Chase pbchase@gmail.com
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:39:19 -0500

For some people to add to their "things to check when your car won't start"
list........

After having the car for 3 weeks and trying out a new Crank sensor, cam
sensor, DIS module, Coil, EEC relay, and computer, my local (and usually
pretty competent) shop gave up on the car (and didn't charge me for any of
the hours they spent replacing parts).  Next I got it towed to FPS and
within a half an hour of looking at the car, they traced my problem to a bad
crank sensor ground. Should have taken it there in the first

Pete

On 1/10/06, Peter Chase <pbchase@gmail.com> wrote:

> Put in a new battery in my 92 MTX on Friday.  Today on the way to work (<5
> min drive this week) the car turned off and then back on again all in about
> a quarter of a second.  Then it did it again on the way home, and at the
> next stop light, it cut out completely and left me with a bright CE light.
> The car cranked over fine, but it didn't start.  I don't recollect if the
CE