[Shotimes] (OT) Autocrosser Goes for Olympic Gold!

Mark Nunnally marknunnally@JoiMail.com
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:20:47 -0500

> Although I'm not a fan (nor a participant) of snow sports, lots of folks
> are.

I've been skiing and such and even been down the bobsled run at Lake Placid
(very fun!) and just started having fun with snowmobiles in NY before I
moved back to GA, had I known how fun they were I would have bought one when
I first moved up.

But dealing with piles of snow in day to day living, got old, real fast!

Upstate NY was a killer place to live though, for about 7 months of the
year...

> FWIW, I will take a sub-freezing clear sunny day over a 95-95
> (temp-humidity) day in the northern USA anytime!! Plus, the car runs
> better!!

The cold never bothered me, it was the snow and associating salt that drove
me nuts.

The one thing I learned while in my 6+ years up there, was "rednecks" are
everywhere.  Even into Canada.

There are only 3 difference between rednecks in the north and rednecks in
the south, the ones up north have a different accent, their trucks have rust
on them, and they pay more taxes :)

mark