[Shotimes] UDPs?

Jim & Debbie Leyden jndleyden@comcast.net
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 06:43:49 -0500

But then on the other hand there are those of us that haven't just listened
to other people, we have experienced it ourselves.  My '95 MTX has had the
small vibration dampner on it that replaces the original dampner for over
55,000 miles and I have had no problems whatsoever.  Doug Lewis has had one
on his supercharged '89 forever as also has had no problems with it.

Jim "don't believe everything you hear" Leyden

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Justin Schick
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:05 PM
To: AutoX SHOlist
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] UDPs?

Does the ATX set replace the crank dampener? If so I would suggest NOT
replacing it.

Many people will tell you UDPs are fine on any car. Others will say if
it's replacing a PULLEY then you'll be fine, but if it's replacing a
DAMPENER AND PULLEY you're looking for trouble. I side with the second
group of people. An externally balanced rotating assembly needs the
correct harmonic dampener hanging off the front of it.

Justin
parted 92 - need something?

>>> "Hartberger, Jason M.  AT2 (AW)" <hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil>
2/26/2006 1:22 am >>>
Hey all, I have a stupid question. How in the heck do I get my hands
on
some ATX UDPs? They seem to be durned near impossible to come by. I
know
they'll probably be well north of $200 if I can find them but I gotta
get to that point first. Help!

V/R
AT2(AW) Jason "Hoser" Hartberger
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71