[Shotimes] UDPs?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 08:51:47 -0600

Jason, yes the SHO engine is like most, balanced at the crank/rod/piston
area.  The front crank pully is just a dampener, dampening out harmonic
vibrations.  Not sure if harmonic balancer is correct though, that does
imply some sort of balance to offset balance in the rest of the rotating
mass, and that isn't true.  it just takes out high frequency vibrations,
like they have no most engines for about 100 years.

Don Mallinson