[Shotimes] OT where are all those campers going?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:58:58 -0600

Sometimes I can be a bit dense (Kirk/Ron, just shut up...OK?)  :)

But on the recent trip to Memphis to work on the 06 Convention, I kept
noticing dually or one-ton pickups hauling about 22-26 foot campers.
Not the construction type trailers you expect to see behind work trucks,
or the mobile homes that would take a bigger truck, but regular campers.

It was too late in the year for snowbirds to be going to Florida, and
the trucks all had the same small magnetic company logo/name on the
doors.  Could never get a read on it though.  Must have seen nearly a
hundred over the two days on I-57/I-55.

Then it finally (the dense part) dawned on me.  These are going to
Louisiana and New Orleans for housing!  Didn't think they would start
sending down regular campers, but I guess the need is that great.  I
lived in one for a year when going to college, for a single guy, a
camper isn't a bad hooch, but not for a family more than a week or two.

Just an observation.

Don Mallinson