[Shotimes] OT where are all those campers going?

Kelvin Turner kelvinturner@hotmail.com
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:36:35 -0500

Yup, those are the trailers that FEMA provides to people who's homes are
uninhabitable.  I know quite a few people who lived in trailers here after
the hurricanes a couple years ago.  If you didn't have a place to put one in
your driveway, then they had huge "trailer parks" set up in large parking
lots, fairgrounds, or any place where they could park a few hundred
trailers.  I had heard that they had one plot that was something like 2000
acres set aside for camper trailers in Texas.  Then when somebody's done
with their trailer, they either have the oppurtunity to buy it for cheap or
FEMA takes it back and refurbishes it and sends it off to somewhere else
where it is needed.  As many trailers as FEMA has been buying, I'd say its a
great time to be in the camper business.
Kelvin