[Shotimes] Massive Oil Leak-Cam Seal

clubairth@bellsouth.net clubairth@bellsouth.net
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:29:56 -0600

 Had a near disaster today. Drove about 1.5 miles and then returned to find a
large puddle of oil in the spot where I had been parked. Got out to check it
and then noticed a bunch of blue smoke pouring from under the hood. Looked
under the car and oil was leaking in a steady stream on the pavement. Lost
about 1.5 quarts of oil in that short drive!!
 Pulling things apart I found the front bank cam shaft seal partially pushed
out of place and oil pouring out. I had changed this about a year ago because
of a small seep and have several thousand miles of driving since then. I
noticed that some seals are rubber covered on the outside lip and some are
just plain steel. The rubber covered one is the one that moved. I noticed the
Ford seals are metal on the outside. I have been using aftermarket seals.
Either NAPA #15807,Fel Pro TCS45870, or National 1213N. Should I go back to
the Ford #E9DZ-6700-A?
 Anybody have this happen?
Thanks For The Help!
.