[Shotimes] 91 Plus for sale

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:18:04 -0500

Hi Shane!!

Yeah, I remember you....you've been "gone" for quite a while!!  ;-)

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Shane Kenner
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:56 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] 91 Plus for sale

Hello everyone. I doubt anyone will recognize my name, but I have been on
and off the Shotimes list for the past ten years now- usually got off
because of the excessive amount of emails, although the list's current size
is rather nice for that reason and Ive been back for the past few months
lingering. Anyway, I have retired another one of my first gens. I just
replaced my trusty '91+ with another '91+ I bought (my 6th SHO) a few months
ago from another Shotimer and it needs a new owner. I have a family member
interested in the car, yet, I know he will abuse it and I would much rather
the car went to an enthusiast because it is such a desirable SHO. Here are
the details:

1991 Plus (has glass hood/24v markers/trunklid/rod shifter/chrome window
trim/painted "Taurus" lettering)
Green (it was obvious that it was repainted before I got it- not a great
paint job-although still looks nice, some is flaking off (around edges- its
not noticeable from far away)and you can see the original color underneath-
the current color is very close to the original and still looks good for its
age)
176,000 miles (give or take)
All leather seats, has all options available of course, as it is a plus
Verified through carfax that it was in California for at least half of its
life- had a clean Carfax report- I can let anyone who wants to see it

For its mileage, has to be one of the nicest plus' around- has almost NO
rust- the only rust Ive found is on the trunk lid- and that has been a
recent development. Even the underside is amazingly new looking with no
rust- this contrasts greatly with my new purchase (a black 91+ with 94,000
miles- has ALOT of rust on the bottom)It was the most reliable sho Ive ever
owned and drives, runs, and looks very good for its age. Things wrong with
it- front seat is ripped up pretty bad- there wasnt much I could do to
prevent it- it had already started when I bought it around 110,000 miles
over 3 yrs ago (I have two grey replacement seats anyone can just have if
they want them after the purchase). The antenna is broken- I actually hit a
pheasant with it! Never replaced it because I had sat. radio. Trunk lid has
a weird problem where it will come unlatched anytime it gets above 60
degrees out or so... lower than that, it stays latched normally. I havent
been able to figure that one out yet... Front tires have low tread- backs
arent bad yet. Although the blower fan works fine and normally, it is louder
than normal- never fixed it. Lastly, the driver side electric lock does not
work most of the time- all other doors work fine.
The car has been well taken car of since I bought it- even the climate
control buttons are decent (interior looks very good). I changed oil/filter
every 3,000 miles. The 60k (not including the valve adjustment though) was
done by me (about my 10th 60k) last year, resealed plug wells, a new starter
last year, a new fuel pump last year, new engine mounts AND subframe
mounts/bolts last year, tranny fluid has been replaced twice since Ive had
it, new tie rods, cv boots replaced, newer brakes, clutch is older (have no
idea when last one was installed) although was always very careful with it
and it still works great, also, the A/C still works! (with problems- it will
intermittently go off on a short trip-usually only once- Im sure its a
clutch/shim problem-on a long trip it will stay on.. good news is that it
seems to hold refrigerant fine)....Oh, and the sunroof is quiet!  Im sure Im
forgetting things, but thats a good start.
The car is not perfect, but its nice for a high mileage Plus. I have
pictures if anyone is interested I can email them over.
Like I said, I do have a family member interested, but honestly, Id rather
sell it to someone who will take better care of it. If no one is interested,
no big deal- I just wanted to give you guys a chance at it. I'd like to have
$1,400 for it,but I'll consider offers- that price is negotiable. Just keep
in mind, unlike the 91 I just bought, although it had "low" miles, I just
had to dump alot of money into it right off because it was so neglected.
This car really needs very little and can be driven reliably on a daily
basis right away. If you have questions- email me at
shanekenner@hotmail.com-
be glad to answer anything. Im located in Jasper, Michigan, about 25 miles
straight west of Toledo, Ohio, or 4 miles north of the Ohio border. Thanks!
and thanks to Shotimes for many years of help!

Shane
'99 white 75k
'91+ green
'91 black 94k