[Shotimes] code 634 - MLP sensor

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:33:55 -0400

One thing that has come up on Gen 3s is that folks would clean the
connector, and make sure that it is seated properly, and many times it would
correct funny tranny issues.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of van Oss
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 12:16 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] code 634 - MLP sensor

I'm getting code 634 (MLP sensor voltage out of expected range) on a SLO
with column shifter.  The column shifter feels mushy and does not neatly
click into place like it used to.

Is this more likely to be a mechanical problem with the shift cable that I
might be able to correct by adjusting the cable?  Is there any wear item or
adjustment possible in the column shifter itself?

Or am I really looking at a bad MLP?  How to test this?

TIA
VO