[Shotimes] Re: Gen I question

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 20:56:15 -0400

Sounds like a plan....

IMHO, if the body & interior are good, even if there was a rod hanging out
the block, $500 is more than a good deal.

Another thought is to go the $500+tax and have them deliver it.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Rick Glass
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:16 PM
To: v8sho@v8sho.com
Cc: Shotimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: Gen I question

The starter is under warrany, but I can bargain the hassle of dealing with
taking it out and going for the replacement unit.

It is sitting on a car lot, the asking price started at $1200....I offered
$500 and walked away almost 2 months ago, the owner (not the guy I talked to
at first) called 2 days later and said he would go $750, I declined and made
it clear that it wasn't worth more than $500 to me since I can't even drive
it
until it gets a clutch (I exagerrated the cost a little).  I stopped back in
2
weeks ago, different guy didn't seem too interested in talking, I told him
let the owner know I had stopped by again but it still wasn't worth more
than
$500.  Owner called last week and dropped to $600.  I stopped in yesterday
and
looked it over again, asked about starting it up and learned of the
starter/solenoid issue, he then said he would go $500 + tax........I'm
thinking I will let it sit another week and walk in with $400, the truck,
and
a tow dolly and see if he will bite......ready to leave right then seems to
help the negotiations.

Rick Glass
        '99 SF  96k Flowmasters  Kirk'd