[Shotimes] RE: ATX Shifter Questions

Beisler Jonathon - Jacksonville Jonathon.Beisler@BrooksHealth.org
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:31:44 -0400

Alan,

Have you tried leaving the wire to the steel pin connected, turning the key on
but not the engine and trying to shift out of park?  If this works, it could
be the BOO switch or the fuse that controls all that.  I'm with Ron, have you
checked to see if your brake lights work?  If they don't work, then it's very
possible that the fuse that controls the BOO and lights is blown.  You never
know, with all those pinched wires you might have created a short.  Some of
you may remember that my SHO was stuck in a parking garage in Orlando for
three days while I figured this out with the help of the list.  I tried to
replace the BOO first, but that didn't do it.  Turned out that it was a simple
fuse replacement.  Of course, mine blew because of leaking power steering
fluid to the cruise control cut off, but I'm sure there's other reasons for it
to fail.  Speaking of which, have you checked to see if that's the problem?
Could just be a coincidence....
JB