[Shotimes] Sold one SHO!!

clubairth@bellsouth.net clubairth@bellsouth.net
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:41:15 -0500

Sold my wife's 1993 ATX SHO. It was a superb car and at 195K miles the
condition was very nice! Got $2500 plus a 1992 Crown Vic in trade. Went to a
friend in Oklahoma that knows how I maintain a car and had driven this on
occasion. He is not a SHO or car guy but likes all the features of the SHO.
For him the engine is just a bonus!

 Really enjoying the 2003 Lincoln LS. The shifting is a little harsh but I
am on the trail of a TSB that I think will get this fixed. Oh, the wife has
a CD stuck in the in dash 6 disc changer. These have VERY little interior
room and you can't use CD's with stick on labels and guess what she put in
it? CD has to be removed after the radio is removed from the car and sent to
a repair place!
Live and learn.
.
.
 Flew into Newark,N.J. and picked up the LS. Drove back and stopped at the
Corvette plant and museum in Bowling Green, KY. on the way to south
Louisiana.  If you get the chance this is a GREAT tour!! They also make the
Cadillac XLR at the same plant. The museum is really neat but a little
bizarre too. Zora Duntov is buried at the museum! And I thought I was car
guy!!!
 1900 miles and no trouble of any kind. I did not even check the oil or
tires, just got in it at the dealers and drove off. The car returned 24.6
mpg average. The A/C seats and rain sensitive wipers are very useful new
technology for me. The wipers especially would be a plus on the track. They
change speed with how hard it's raining. You never have to take your hands
off the wheel. The only options I am missing that I will add are the HID
headlights and maybe the wood shifter knob and steering wheel. The stock
non-HIDs are actually very good compared to the SHO. And I had upgraded the
SHO with a headlight harness and the illegal off road 120W/80W bulbs.

 Never got the previous owner to release the extended warranty to 75K miles.
So I am limited to the factory 4 year/50K miles. I am still debating getting
an extended warranty?
.
.