[Shotimes] Another Stupid Question

James White greensho@crown.net
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:11:16 -0500

The cheapest that I remember Sunoco 260 was .349/gal.

My Hurst S/C Scrambler-Rambler 390 ran great on 220 (.309/gal. &
94 octane?) getting 11 to 13 mpg on the highway.  Didn't need to
spend the extra nickle to beat the heavy GTOs or Torinos.  The 454
vetts and Chevelles were sometimes another story...

Unique to this car was the clutch.  The OEM unit lasted about as
long as an oil change!  By the time I had gone thru 5 clutches, the
peddle mount was reinforced and effort was about 150 pounds to keep
the peddle on the floor.

My left leg was over an inch bigger than my right.

regards, Jim White - greensho@crown.net