[Shotimes] Starter Question(s)

Rob Pittman rob.pittman@verizon.net
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:14:50 -0500 (CDT)

Well, here's the latest problem with my 1990 135K SHO.

The starter will spin but not engage the flywheel.  This happens sporadically, and becoming increasingly more frequent - to the point starting the car is a real pain when it's shut off after being warmed up.

My initial thought was solenoid, so I replaced that yesterday.  Problem persists.  I guess it's starter time as the bendix must have gone south.

After doing some reading online, I noticed that there seem to be 9-tooth, 10-tooth, and 12-tooth starters.  (Kinda sounds like they're from Arkansas...)  Do any of the gurus on the list know which one is correct for a 1990 SHO?  And where's a good source?

As always, thank y'all for your help.

Rob

Rob Pittman
rob.pittman@verizon.net