[Shotimes] Starter Question(s)

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:45:28 -0500

Safest bet is to take it out and take it to a local rebuilder. Failing that,
take it out and count.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Rob Pittman
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 1:15 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Starter Question(s)

Well, here's the latest problem with my 1990 135K SHO.

The starter will spin but not engage the flywheel.  This happens
sporadically, and becoming increasingly more frequent - to the point
starting the car is a real pain when it's shut off after being warmed up.

My initial thought was solenoid, so I replaced that yesterday.  Problem
persists.  I guess it's starter time as the bendix must have gone south.

After doing some reading online, I noticed that there seem to be 9-tooth,
10-tooth, and 12-tooth starters.  (Kinda sounds like they're from
Arkansas...)  Do any of the gurus on the list know which one is correct for
a 1990 SHO?  And where's a good source?

As always, thank y'all for your help.

Rob

Rob Pittman