[Shotimes] Picked up my SHO yesterday

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:03:11 -0700 (PDT)

Not without heat.

I sanded one completely clear once. Removed all of the
fluting...

Now the front of the lense looks worse than the
inside. I still wouldn't bother with sanding and
polishing a lense. There's a thin coating of UV
protection on the outside of the lense (or should be).
It'll pit and peel with age but sanding it will remove
all of it. Polished and sanded lenses might look good
for a few months but they'll look even worse once they
yellow again (and they will). Get new ones!

Ian