[Shotimes] RE: (OT) FRS/GMRS Radios for Convention Use

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:47:25 -0400

In open terrain, I have easily gotten over a mile.

In our caravans, we can pretty easily get up to a =-mile (lead car to
caboose). It dies pretty quickly beyond that, however, so if someone falls
back, we cant hear them.

IMHO, that is one reason why getting into the GMRS channels could be of use.

The license is no big deal. I still have a CB license (KAYX9544and dont
ask me why I can remember thatI dont even know!!) and then they dropped
the license requirement right after I got mine. I went by the Golden Rat
anyway (driving a gold 71 454 Vette).

Ron Porter

  _____