[Shotimes] RE: (OT) FRS/GMRS Radios for Convention Use

James White greensho@crown.net
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:22:23 -0500

If you have a police scanner, make sure that you can get 42.50 mhz,
which is their normal car to car freq.

Illinois is one of the few States that doesn't have the money to
update their radios beyond the old VHF-LOW frequencies.

regards, jim white

At Wednesday, 21 June 2006, "Paul Nimz" <pnimz@v8sho.com> wrote:

>They use lasar when sitting on top of the overpasses.
>
>Paul
>
>On 6/21/2006 3:06:51 PM, Donald Mallinson (dmall@mwonline.net) wrote:
>> Ron,
>>
>> I understand, the 57 route makes more sense for you.   The Illinois
>> state police have been setting up traps on 55 and 57 lately with
a car
>> on a bridge overpass and several chase cars.  Last one I saw was
north
>> of St.  Louis on 55 last Wednesday.
>>
>> You going to take 55 through the city or 255 around the south
end.  255
>> is a few more miles, but less crowded, plus there is construction
in the
>> middle of the city.  When  I went through 55-44 a week ago, going
West