[Shotimes] RE: (OT) FRS/GMRS Radios for Convention Use

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:49:55 -0400

It's fine getting from I-69 to I-465, and I go the "south" (clockwise)
direction down the east side of town. I believe the bulk of the I-465
construction is on the westbound (counterclockwise) route.

Taking I-70 through town is a crapshoot. During off-times, it works fine,
but with the higher average speed I use around I-465, it seems to be a wash
time-wise to get to the west side of town (where the airport electronics set
off your laser detector!!).

From: James White [mailto:greensho@crown.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:35 PM
To: ronporter@ameritech.net
Cc: '`V6 SHOtimes'; '`V8 sho@v8sho.com'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] RE: (OT) FRS/GMRS Radios for Convention Use

There is some construction at the I-69-465 intersection just North
of Indianapolis, but it should not cause much of a delay as there
is lane reduction only at night (9pm to 6AM).

I-465 around Indy may be a tad quicker than going into the central
city to pick-up I-70.

Indiana still is using Crown Vics for the State Police, but Illinois
also uses Impalas, and I noticed a couple of Dodge Chargers on the
Illinois tollroad just the day before yeasterday.

Unless the Illinois and Indiana cops are running a special trap,
anything less than 80 seems to be OK, unless it is a construction
zone.  The fine there starts at $375! (which with court costs, is
well within the "hire a lawyer zone to fight your citation").

regards, jim white - greensho@crown.net
see all you guys in Tennesse!

At Wednesday, 21 June 2006, "Ron Porter" <ronporter@ameritech.net>
wrote:

>I-65 backtracks toward Indy. From the north & east, I-69 to Indy,
then I-70
>west to Effingham is the same mileage as I-80/90/94 to I-57, with
nowhere
>near the hassle of having to drive the Borman.
>
>Ron Porter
>
>  _____

The
>Gary-Chicago trip is horrible now.
>
>Paul
>
>On 6/21/2006 12:09:43 PM, Ron Porter (ronporter@ameritech.net) wrote:
>> Don,
>>
>> I've done a route through MS Streets & Trips. With a Sunday 5:
00 AM EDT
>> departure from my house, it puts me at Effingham IL (intersection
of I-70
>&
>> I-57) at 11:15 AM CDT. From that point, it is about 340 miles
to the hotel
>> in Memphis, or about a 5-hour drive. Still gets us into the hotel
between
>> 4:00-4:30 CDT.
>>
>> 8:00 AM CDT in Lincoln is a "bit" too early for me (!!), plus
I-57 makes