[Shotimes] Re: Laser Speed Monitoring

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:19:53 -0400

As I've told folks for years, if you don't exceed the limit by more than 10
mph, don't bother with a detector. That can also be expanded to include
doing 80 or less in a 65-70-75 mph limit Interstate. But, you better know
how your speedo reads and make sure it is not over 80!! It took me a few
years (and a couple of 81-in-a-65 tickets) to realize my '89 SHO, as well as
my two subsequent Gen 2 MTXs, all under-read by 3%.

I will put mine in rather frequently, but on the Interstate, it's more of a
notification system, as many times I might just kick off the cruise.

Now, where I have found more benefit for many years is on surface streets.
Especially when you get into the 35-40-45 limits on 4-lane divided roads.

Almost saw a minivan get nailed during rush hour in Lake Orion last
Thursday, but the cop couldn't get around the median quickly enough. He was
stuck in bumper-to-bumper NB traffic, and I and the minivan were doing 65-70
in a 55 zone going SB. I backed it off when I got the beep, but the van just
kept going, and I saw the cop look out his window at it, and he had his
lights on, but couldn't squeeze over to the median.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Paul L Fisher
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 9:43 AM
To: 'Alan Fanning'; 'SHOtimes'
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Re: Laser Speed Monitoring

I haven't used one in 15 years or so. While I had a radar detector I got
over 20 tickets in an 8 year period. Since then, I believe (old age and all)
I've gotten 3 or 4 tickets. When I lived in St. Louis, I would break 100 MPH
several times a week. Here in the more sedate state of WI, I only go over
100 once or twice a month.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com