[Shotimes] fond farewell

John Stout sho_man1@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:41:19 -0700 (PDT)

Justin, over on V8SHO, myself and Ryan Dudek started the "Troll Bar" for ex owners to sit at on the forums, might I take this moment to offer an invitation to you, and just because the SHO is gone, you can still come to the outings.  My Mazda is going to Memphis, it might have been the car that brought us together, but it is the "Family" that keeps us together.

Justin Schick <jschick@aafp.org> wrote:  After years of faithful reading and typing, following this list from one
listserv to another, it's finally time to say adios. I'll be
unsubscribing later today. I sold off the final SHO bits I had lying
around from my parted 92 last night (26mm rear sway bar, ATX intake, rod
shifter, and slicer wheels and tires).

The deal was actually arranged via a local Subaru forum (kcsubaru.com).
The guy does instructing for track events; besides 4 SHOs (two parts
cars and two runners) he's got a couple of Mustangs and his newest
addition, a WRX (that he now wants to trade for an STi). Seemed like a
great guy, I hope to head out with him to either Heartland Park or MAM
sometime.

I still miss my SHO every now and then, even after racking up 34k miles
behind the wheel of my STi. As fun as it is, there's definitely
something that car had that the STi doesn't. Another big part of it is
this community I've felt a part of for so many years. I hope this year's
convention goes well for you all, and wish you the best of luck (both
with your SHOs and otherwise).

Later,

Justin