[Shotimes] radios for convention

Ron Porter ronporter@ameritech.net
Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:56:12 -0400

I have Cobras that I've used since '01. They seems to be a good product, as
well as Motorola and Midland. In hunting for new radios now, it seemed the
Motorolas were overpriced for what you get, though.

The standard FRS radios work fine in a caravan (I believe they are less than
a watt, though). I would highly recommend going with an FRS/GMRS radio, as
you get more channels, more power on certain channels, for not much more
money.

FWIW, I wanted FRS/GMRS radios with rechargeable batteries, both a car and
home charger, and headsets. I got these Midlands:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Midland-5W-GMRS-FRS-VOX-Radios-GXT600VP4-GXT-600VP4_W0QQ
itemZ320000414449QQcategoryZ50625QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://tinyurl.com/fdx2j

for $80 delivered. This is pretty much top-of-the-line for what you can get.

Or, send me $5 for shipping and you can have my old FRS Cobras for FREE!!