[Shotimes] OT: HID's and Headlight Relays?

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:50:05 -0500

You are only switching the ballast on.  No way are you switching 90V, which is
the ballast output on startup.  You should always use a relay on headlight
wiring anyway.  A simple 30A lighting relay is all that is needed.  Will you
have high beams too?  Then you will need two relays.

Paul

On 6/25/2006 1:18:42 AM, FlamingTaco (flamingtaco@earthlink.net) wrote:
> I know you
> don't want to use solid-state relays, so the slow electrical-switching
characteristics of a mechanical switch might not be ideal, either, for
longevity.