[Shotimes] OT: HID's and Headlight Relays?

Paul Nimz pnimz@v8sho.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:50:49 -0500

On the set I had I never saw over 20A even when the system started and the
voltage was ~110V.  If you are worried about the high voltage feeding back and
use a fuse as protection be sure to get one rated for over 200V.  A typical
auto fuse is rated for up to 32V usually.

What I see on AC ballast when the blow is they short internally and die.
Before any secondary high voltage would be fed into the primary side the
system would overload.  Just as an ignition coil will do.

Paul