[Shotimes] OT: HID's and Headlight Relays?

clubairth@bellsouth.net clubairth@bellsouth.net
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:10:01 -0500

No you won't get 90 V back to the headlight switch! The ballast might go
open or short to ground but an 12 VDC automotive headlamp system will not do
this. Look at how it's wired.  Just like the HID capsule is ignited at 23K
+/- 1K volts. That won't get back to your headlight switch either. But the
HID headlamps are labeled with a high voltage warning sticker because that's
where you could possibly come across the high voltage.
.
.