[Shotimes] 235 tread width on 7'' rims

Mark Nunnally marknunnally@alltel.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:40:28 -0400

It also gets worse the bigger dia rim you have.  Ie, what you might could
"get away" with on a 15/16 is going to really not work as good on a 17/18,
etc.

When the sidewall gets smaller, the closer the real world section width of
the tire to the rim width, the better.

FWIW I run 225/45/17 on my 17x8" track wheels.  Works great.  Real world
"width" of those WIDE V700's is 9+ in.  Perfect for an 8" wheel

With a bit more sidewall, I also ran 225/50/16 on some 7.5" rims (same V700
tire) which also fit pretty well.  They were a tick skinnier than the
225-17" tires

For a skinnier (usually) street tire, for the SHO on a nice 17x8" rim,
235/45/17 is probably the perfect size

Mark