[Shotimes] What Happened ?

John Stout sho_man1@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:23:37 -0800 (PST)

They got it in time finally

Peter Maggiacomo <gtsrider@yahoo.com> wrote:  I've had my 95MTX for 5 years now and it always had a
peculiur starting procedure. Turn key and crank for
no more than 3 seconds and turn key back to on
position... would start 75% of the time. Repeat if it
did not start. If that did'nt work, hold pedal to
floor
and crank... would always start then. I learned to
live with it over the years.
Last week my timing belt tensioner bearing went, and
I had it replaced. Got lucky shop found an NOS on
local dealer shelf. Also had him put in a new belt as
long as he was in there, even though it had been
replaced a year ago. But here's the thing... the
engine is now an instant starter 100% of the time!
And idles smoother with more responsiveness to low
end throttle. So what happened?
-Pete
Tampa, Fl.