[Shotimes] 8" sub?

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Wed, 03 May 2006 20:36:49 -0700

On Wed, 03 May 2006 15:28:00 -0400, Jason Hartberger wrote:

>I'm tempted to get one and try it out. As much as
>I hate the thought of having to take my damn sub box apart again...
>*shudder* then I could have an all-pioneer system in my car! I'm also
>thinking about getting this head unit, http://tinyurl.com/qwanf. anybody
>have any experience?

Hey Jason!!

I've had Pioneer decks since the late '80s.  Lowrider has had one or another since
the stock radio got swiped in '96.  They're fine.  Factory support is good when
needed....not often....only once for the decks in all that time.  Lately I have been
using Premier decks....you can go down a level or two, and save some money, yet
still get more features like 3 pre-outputs and a two year warranty.  I've been
running two DEH-P550MP middle of the road decks in my wagon and in my Lexus GS.  The
Lexus especially shows the quality of the deck...it has the base stereo system, and
with the factory radio it just plain SUCKED!!  With this deck installed to give the
car's factory amps some decent input, it sounds better than any premium sound system
I have heard (with a little dinky free air sub by itself in the package tray).
Plus, it accepts XM satellite, and drives my 50 CD changer, as well as playing MP3
CDs.  The great sound it gives me has been the icing on the cake to not get the BMW
I was thinking of....the 550i's sound is not near as good, even with their $1200
premium sound package.

The compact subwoofer is new stuff to me.  I was going to dig out the free air sub
in Lowrider for the new SHO.  The best thing I can suggest is listen to it at the
stereo dealer.  I need a couple of new subs installed in my new SHO and in the
wagon.  I didn't know about these subs, and I'm glad you brought them to my
attention.  I have a source that gets me Pioneer pieces at cost....I'll be looking
at the subs.  If you can wait, I can get you one probably cheaper than you
can....let me know.

George