[Shotimes] Well, I'm impressed

Chris Riedl zap@columbus.rr.com
Thu, 4 May 2006 21:21:30 -0400

	I just noticed this thread.  I guess they must do a better job if
you pay them.  The company is somehow "owned" by Nationwide, and when
doing claims for them, at least in their home city (Columbus), I
would absolutely give them an F.  This was on my girlfriend's car
('94 SHO MTX) and it came back with a mismatched color window glass,
"Toughened" glass (as opposed to tempered), rattling junk in the
door, and the door panel was falling off.  Needless to say, she had
asked them for OE Carlite glass, but did not get it.  I called their
customer service line and complained about how ridiculous of a job
they did.  Now, the guy who came out to fix the blunder in Cincinnati
once we got back to school was incredibly professional, did the job
with the correct glass, cleaned the door, and used all new clips.  A
world of difference, though the window is still incredibly slow due
to the moron that broke it to try and steal very few things of little
value $$$ wise (though I still have yet to find a replacement for a
pair of glasses that I had).  I will probably be replacing the motor
with a junkyard one and greasing the slide, which will hopefully fix
that problem.

	I'm curious if you guys requested original glass, because the
blueish tint on the "replacement" if it could be called that was
incredibly bad.  Then again, the Gen I cars might have a better
experience as they don't have the same tint as Gen II.

-Chris