[Shotimes] Slicer stock tire size?

James White greensho@crown.net
Sun, 7 May 2006 22:18:11 -0500

Early slicers were the same on both sides of the SHO.  In '93 the
slicers started to come from Italy and had the the "blades" different
from side to side.  Some people on the list a long time ago even
thought that these "blades" would help move air to cool the brakes.
.

There were appearently some strange packages that would ge you al
all white SHO, including the wheels.  I have seen these from '90
to '93.

The stock size is 215R60X16.  Tire Rack has several this size.

I have been doing business with these folks for over 20 years (over
1 million miles!) and my favorite brand has always been Michelin.

I have tried almost everything else.  The first set of Contact Supreems
(sp?) were good, but the second set were POOR.

Dunlop = 5 BGF = 4  Goodyear = 2  Pirelli = 5 Bridgestone = 5
Sumitomo = 6 Contenintal = 6  Michelin = 8 Yokohama = 4

All of these were for "all season" tires.

In th esouth, I would go for a " 3 seasno tire" since you don't have
to worry about snow and ice.

reagards, Jim white
'93mtx - 285k
'95mtx - 203k

At Sunday, 7 May 2006, "Mark Mucher" <mmucher@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Stupid question - I have white bi-directional slicers (what year(s)?)
on my