[Shotimes] driving pet peeves

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 12 May 2006 09:23:54 -0500

EVERY enthusiast "vehicle" is owned mostly by non-enthusiasts.  The SHO
owners here and elsewhere that celebrate the car as something other than
basic transportation are a tiny % of the owner group.  Same with every
car.  Maybe the highest percent that are true enthusiasts would be
Porsche owners, maybe Viper owners, but even Corvette owners are mostly
just people that like the car and couldn't care less about clubs,
conventions or any other events surrounding the car.

The old VW Beetle was  famous for people waving at each other, helped
along by all those neat commercials, but still, as an old VW owner back
in the day, MOST people gave you a blank stare or glare if they did
anything.  Only the few that were wired as enthusiasts did the VW
"wave".  Motorcycle owners are the same too.

Just enjoy the few SHO owners that you run across that truly get it, and
ignore the rest.  The conventions and other SHO specific events around
the country are where you never lack for someone that understands.

Don Mallinson