[Shotimes] Interior Lights stay ON 24/7

Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW) hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil
Sat, 13 May 2006 13:08:50 -0400

You probably fried a ground wire somewhere. On the two map lights at the
sunroof switch there's a ground wire that leads to the switch assembly
frame. If it comes off (as it does sometimes) both lights will always
stay on at half power. It sounds like that's what happened to you. Do
you have an EVTM? That will help you out a bazillion ways....

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Adam Phillips
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:44 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Interior Lights stay ON 24/7

Here goes:  Several months ago when i installed my navigation system, it

kept blowing the fuse that ran the radio, power mirrors, and keyless
entry
buttons. Well as luck would have it, as i was on my way to my friends
house
to run a seperate power wire and fuse just for it, it blew again, but
RIGHT
before it blew this time, i got a mild wiff of something
burning/melting....... After i rewired the navigation and all was well
with
that, when i replaced the earlier blown fuse, everything works, EXCEPT
my
interior lights stay ON, they will NOT turn OFF :( So for the past few
months ive been living with the fuse pulled....it sucks lemme tell ya.
So Im
looking for some suggestions on where to start. Is there a relay that i
could try replacing first? Or do i have to just start tracing a million
wires ? Any help is welcomed! Thanks!

Adam Phillips
Trenton, NJ
92 White MTX