[Shotimes] RE: HELP: Jitter at steering wheel, major car shake SUMMARY

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 16 May 2006 20:29:01 -0400

We're all glad to know that you are again safely motoring around again.

Bob Bruce
92 w/ a mod or two
95 mtx 100% bone stock

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Al&Angela
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:20 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] RE: HELP: Jitter at steering wheel, major car shake SUMMARY

First I want to thank Silver Sleeper, Donald Mallinson, George Fourchy, and
Robert Bruce and others if I forgot.

Sorry for the late response. The car was parked for a week or so.

Due to my lack of car knowledge I should have used better terms to describe
my situation.

Basically the car felt like it was on ice as I came to a stop (shifted side
to side) and of course it had major shaking throughout the entire car esp.
at highway speeds.

The problem was that the belt started to come apart on the driver side tire.
The entire tread was peeling on the inside and it had a major bulge.  It
looked like it was ready to explode.

I purchased two new front tires and the car drives wonderfully now.
I have learned to check tires first when I notice any funny steering
problems, jitter, vibration, and etc.

I will keep axils in mind for when they fail.

Thanks for everything.

Al
94 ATX