[Shotimes] HP & Torque Figures for 3.0 + 3.2

marknunnally@alltel.net marknunnally@alltel.net
Mon, 22 May 2006 15:14:25 -0500

I tried advancing the stock cams on the dyno, and lost torque everywhere.
Factory "0" made the most torque, and had the best curve.  Retarding -6
degrees was the best "open track" setting shifting the curve up a bit, with a 7
whp gain ~6200 rpm.

I'd have to dig up my charts, but my 3.0L cam'd 3.2L made ~ 200 ft/lbs of
torque at like 1800 rpm, ie real low.  There's a peak (~215 ft/lbs) at 2.9k and
again at 4.8k but basically below 2k, it was making more torque than most
3.0L's do peak.  It's a 7% increase in dispalacement, but the 3.2L cams are a
7% decrease in lift (and retarted 2 degrees) so real world with a few breathing
mods, the extra .2L really helps a bunch.  The part throttle work around town
at low revs is nice.