[Shotimes] Problems after clutch job...

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Tue, 23 May 2006 13:24:18 -0500

Ed,

Which clutch is it?  Is it the 9-puck clutch?  If so, I think that's
normal.  I heard they chatter like heck once they're hot.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Edward Mazurek
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:13 PM
To: SHOTimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Problems after clutch job...

Hi,

On my 95 MTX I replaced the clutch with a shonut HD pressure plate, disc
and ceramic throwout bearing. I had the flywheel ground as well.

Once I put it all together the clutch seemed very smooth and good. Then,
it seemed to get worse. On the inital take-up of the clutch, the car
would move forward smoothly. However, towards the end of the clutch
engagement, the car starts to shake. I don't feel anything in the clutch
pedal itself but the car really shakes.

Another aspect of this is that it doesn't seem to do this when the car
has just started up first thing (when the engine is cold).

Did I do something wrong? I've replaced several clutches in my time and
never had a problem like this.

One thing I thought of, especially considering the fact it is OK just
starting off and gets worse once everything is warmed up, is that could
my engine mounts be bad? I didn't seem to have a problem befor the
clutch job, just a little chatter and the clutch wasn't disengaging
properly.

Any and all comments welcome!

Thanks,

Ed