[Shotimes] Problems after clutch job...

James White greensho@crown.net
Tue, 23 May 2006 22:49:44 -0500

After many,  many miles and 13 years of MTX SHOs, and about 8 or
9 clutches, I have had this chatter happen twice.

Either it is the nature of the beast, or it is the lack of accuracy
of the guys that grind the flywheels.

The current '95MTX chatters a bit, but only at lower engine speeds.
I work around this by keepings the revs up a bit.

Rare that a SHO clutch friction material wears out before the release
finngers.

If it helps, keep the revs up and slip the clutch more than, maybe
you would like to.  That is what I do now.  Not too long from now,
I'll have a new clutch/reground flywheel...

regards, Jim White
'95mtx - 204k
'95mtx - 265k - sold
93mtx - 285k - runs, but has problems