[Shotimes] GOT THE MOTOR MOUNT TORQUE SPECS--NOW ANOTHER PROBLEM!!

jfkoper1@aol.com jfkoper1@aol.com
Sat, 27 May 2006 19:46:28 -0400

OK, I've got the torques specs--(THANKS Jim and Deb Leyden), but now Mr. Murphy (Murphy's Law) has paid a visit.

On the front mount, most of the one bolt severed near the locknut side fell out apparently a while back, unknown to me. No wonder the engine's been rocking like a baby cradle!!  The other front bolt is stripped in place and I cannot get it to thread itself out. Any ideas on how to get the stripped bolt out?  Can I turn and pull it out? I've got replacement bolts. I'm thinkin' a hammer and chisel to chip off the locknuts. Room it limited for  ahacksaw or Dremel, but if anyone has 'been htere, done that, I'd like to hear your insight. I'm not a happy camper when it comes to the SHO!

Jim Koper
92
160K miles