[Shotimes] Re: Key with only 3 pins?

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Tue, 30 May 2006 18:12:19 EDT

"Now, that's not to say that a police dept couldn't buy an SHO and use it  as
a police car.  However, the reality is that a police car is purchsed  with
taxpayer money, and an SHO selling for $25,000 vs a SLO police pkg (with
govenment pricing) selling for $12,000....well, 2 new cars is better than one  (fast
one)."

I'm not qualified to comment on official police packages for SHOs, but  there
are definitely some Gen3 SHOs set up as undercover cars here around  DC.
This I know for a fact because I've seen 'em light up speeders and  pull 'em
over.  Indeed, it "almost" happened to me one morning on the way  to work.
There's a long straight downhill-sloping stretch of  six lane divided surface
street with a 45mph limit.  If you're at the front  of the line at one particular
light, and take off when it changes, you can beat  the next light a mile down
the road by just a couple seconds if you go 55.

I was at the light in the middle lane with a Porsche whale tail on my  right.
 I laid on it till I hit 50 and then backed off so I wouldn't top  out at
more than 55 -- he kept on accelerating.  About ten seconds later I  see a white
Taurus coming up behind me in the right lane, just jammin'.  I  saw the "SHO"
logo on the left rear under the taillight as he came past, and  figured he was
gonna go racing with the Porsche, but as soon as he  passed me he lit up the
Porsche with a dash light and siren.  Dude pulled  over right by where I get
in the left turn lane so I double checked it was  indeed a SHO.

I don't think DC is like Hawaii where the cops can buy their  own cars or
SUVs, hang lights, etc on 'em and get the gas and  maintenance subsidized.  So
whether it was an official police package or  not, I think the taxpayers footed
the whole bill for it.

Cheers,
Mark LaBarre
94 atx 135k