[Shotimes] Convention 2007 Update

Mark Nunnally marknunnally@alltel.net
Thu, 07 Sep 2006 21:16:42 -0400

> My local BMW club did 3 days at WGI in July for only $375.  I can't believe
> the SHO club can't get VIR or WGI for 1 day at a
> reasonable price.  I would think one day at either track could be $200 or
> less.  And for the location, that is still a bargain.

FWIW Road Atlanta is $275 for Sat and $325 for a sun ($600 for the weekend).
So paying $200-$300 for a day at a *good* track isn't that out of line.
With gas prices to travel, hotels and meals, another $150 ain't gonna kill
ya.

The CA convention was about a $3k+ gig for us (worth every dime!  had a
blast), another buck fifty for a track wouldn't have made much of a
difference.  Heck we are out there burning up $100 brake pads, $500 rotors,
$50 gas (these days!), $800 set of race tires, etc.  the track fee's are the
least of the costs :)