[Shotimes] Convention 2007 Update

Ron Porter Ron Porter <ronporter@ameritech.net>
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:19:30 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, it's a driver's car, but that is not the reason that all SHO folks (and us Trolls) come to the Convention. Some love the Car Show, others the dragstrip, others just the parking lot activities, etc.

Surte, some of us will pay whatever for a track, but unfortunately there are not enough of us to fill all the slots on an expensive track. That eliminates a whole bunch of great tracks.

Only alternative would be to combine with another car group. We could do this apart from a Convention, though.

Ron Porter

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Nunnally <marknunnally@alltel.net>
To: shotimes <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2006 8:59:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Convention 2007 Update

> FWIW, VIR sounds very nice, and other clubs love it.....but it's too pricey.
> Not enough SHO folks would pay for it.

First of all I think Don and gang do a great job with the conventions.  I'm
not a picky guy, so I've never had much opinion about
location/area/activities.  I can go with the flow.  They've all been fun.

BUT...the cars are older and there is only so much you can sit around and
talk about "new" on the SHO.  It is fun to see everybody but the SHO is a
driver's car so I'd say try to make the convention hinge around some of the
better tracks in the US.  If you build it, I think they'll come ($$ or not)

mark