[Shotimes] Convention 2007 Update

D. Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:55:40 -0500

We are giving Seattle every chance, that is why we announced it so far
in advance, give people a chance to plan.  The drive to SF was a big
part of the joy for Jan and I and a lot of people.  We saw things we
would not have seen (or done) thanks to that convention.  The West Coast
people made it possible by stepping up and attending, filling out a good
attendance from the rest of the country.

I hear from people all the time "you don't come to my area"  but when
they take the time to put some pins in a US map, they know we are
trying.  WE can't be everywhere, and you have to admit that most clubs
spend a LOT more time East of the Miss. River than West of it.

Not many small clubs would have taken on the risk we did for SF, but
George and company did a great job of putting things together.  The same
basic group with some more dedicated people are working on 08 in
Seattle.  I am looking forward to that event.

Yea Joseph, there is a chance Seattle won't happen.  And old cars break
down, but even the people that had problems on the way to SF say it was
still a great trip/convention.  I prefer to try to be positive and will
do what I can to make things happen every year.  As long as there is
support, we will be there.

On that subject, we HAVE to have earlier registrations than this year.
So get your registrations in early, if paying that early is a problem,
call me, we can handle delayed payments too.

Don Mallinson