[Shotimes] Help with lean condition

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:36:19 -0700

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 19:04:57 -0400, Mark Helpinstill wrote:

>Having trouble with my 94 MTX.  I failed emissions for high NOX (by only 10%),
>so I replaced my original o2 sensors (175K mi) with the Bosch 13942.
>Restarted and after going 10 miles got a check engine light.  ....snipped
.......... still getting the same
>codes, plus engine running getting code 16 (does not exist apparently).  Code
>scanner is a high quality autoxray unit.

I think you have the wrong sensors.  Bosch 13942 is what a '90 and '91 Gen 1 car
uses.  I originally got a different part number for a friend's '91, which was
indicated to be correct by my NAPA dealer.  The same conditions occurred for me as
are occuring for you.  I got this number, which was theoretically for a '92 per
NAPA, I think, and they work correctly.  The differences are dictated by the various
PCMs (computers).

Someone on the list here knows what sensors to get.  The books are wrong at many
auto parts stores.

I don't know about Gen 2 specifics, or I'd be glad to tell you which ones to get.

George