[Shotimes] Help with lean condition

FlamingTaco FlamingTaco <flamingtaco@earthlink.net>
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:42:34 -0400 (EDT)

1) Clean your MAF! Dirty MAF causes extra NOX.
2) Go when it's rainy. Heat causes nox. Humidity reduces combustion event temperatures.
3) Ensure engine is running as cool as possible. Is thermostat old? Put in a 180 degree stat temporarily...
4) Have EGR? Ensure it's working well.
5) DeCarbon, DeCarbon, DeCarbon! Fuel injector cleaner, too.
6) Cylinder balance test.
7) Have the correct plugs? Are they seated properly?

David