[Shotimes] FW: No Start Condition

Beisler Jonathon - Jacksonville Jonathon.Beisler@BrooksHealth.org
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:30:19 -0400

So, not one comment or idea on this?  I can't have stumped all of you....

> Okay, this involves the 94 ATX that I sold last year.  The person is
describing to me what sounds like a crank sensor failure.  The car will
sometimes start, sometimes not.  It's not related to heat though.  Sometimes
the car will start when cold sometimes hot.  There really isn't a pattern.
The difference that I can think of is that it didn't really happen for a month
or more and then it started happening more frequently.  Now the car is dead in
the water.  It won't crank or anything, so I'm thinking there might be more
wrong.  The dealer she went to said that the entire wiring harness was bad.  I
can't imagine that.  If the DIS module was loose, it wouldn't keep the car
from cranking would it?  I know it's hard to diagnose something from third
party ramblings, but does anyone have any ideas that I might suggest to her?
She's moved to Birmingham, and I'm in Florida, so I can't even get a look at
the car myself.  The crank sensor is two years old and about 40,000 miles.  I
replaced everything on the front at that time.  They usually last longer than
that, yes?  She mentioned that she had the transmission rebuilt right before
this started, is there something that could have been pulled loose or not
reconnected that could have caused this?